Aureon Announces Recipients of the 2018 Scholarship Program
Aureon has announced the recipients of its 2018 Scholarship Program. This year the company increased the scholarship funds from $5,000 to $10,000.
Press Releases published May 11, 2018
The program had its highest number of applications to date. Six deserving high school students from across the state of Iowa were selected to receive varying amounts for demonstrating excellence in the classroom and their community.
The Aureon Scholarship Program supports students pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The program is funded by Aureon and was established in 2003. Scholarship funds are allocated to students in rural Iowa communities, supported by the Iowa Independent Telecommunications Companies. To date, Aureon has awarded approximately $75,000 in total scholarship funds.
“We are very proud to support these outstanding Iowa students for their academic achievement, dedication, and community leadership through our Aureon Scholarship Program,” said Justyn Miller, President, Aureon Technology. “Their dedication to pursuing a future career in a STEM-related field is essential for the future of our industry and many industries throughout Iowa. We wish them all the best in their college endeavors.”
The recipients of the 2018 Aureon Scholarship Program are as follows:
- Molly Barten from McCallsburg, Iowa is receiving a $3,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Minerva Valley. Molly plans to attend Buena Vista University.
- Tyler Buman from Harlan, Iowa is receiving a $2,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Farmers Mutual Cooperative Telephone Company. Tyler plans to attend Iowa State University.
- Collin Sexton from Titonka, Iowa is receiving a $2,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Titonka-Burt Communications. Collin plans to attend the University of Iowa.
- Joe Kelly from West Liberty, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Liberty Communications. Joe plans to attend the University of Iowa.
- Laura Maschino from Atkins, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Atkins Telephone Company. Laura plans to attend Iowa State University.
- Gracie Rechkemmer from North Liberty, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with South Slope Cooperative Communications. Gracie plans to attend the Iowa State University.
At Aureon, we offer reliable business solutions so our clients can focus on their day-to-day operations. For more than 30 years, connectivity has driven our business and has been woven into the network of solutions we offer customers. From technology to consulting to contact center operations, we develop creative and customized solutions based on our knowledge and understanding of our clients. When you connect with Aureon, you connect with solutions. For more information, visit Aureon.com.
Corporate Communications Business Partner