Aureon Announces Recipients of the 2018 Scholarship Program
Aureon has announced the recipients of its 2018 Scholarship Program. This year the company increased the scholarship funds from $5,000 to $10,000.
Press Releases published May 11, 2018
The program had its highest number of applications to date. Six deserving high school students from across the state of Iowa were selected to receive varying amounts for demonstrating excellence in the classroom and their community.
The Aureon Scholarship Program supports students pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The program is funded by Aureon and was established in 2003. Scholarship funds are allocated to students in rural Iowa communities, supported by the Iowa Independent Telecommunications Companies. To date, Aureon has awarded approximately $75,000 in total scholarship funds.
“We are very proud to support these outstanding Iowa students for their academic achievement, dedication, and community leadership through our Aureon Scholarship Program,” said Justyn Miller, President, Aureon Technology. “Their dedication to pursuing a future career in a STEM-related field is essential for the future of our industry and many industries throughout Iowa. We wish them all the best in their college endeavors.”
The recipients of the 2018 Aureon Scholarship Program are as follows:
- Molly Barten from McCallsburg, Iowa is receiving a $3,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Minerva Valley. Molly plans to attend Buena Vista University.
- Tyler Buman from Harlan, Iowa is receiving a $2,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Farmers Mutual Cooperative Telephone Company. Tyler plans to attend Iowa State University.
- Collin Sexton from Titonka, Iowa is receiving a $2,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Titonka-Burt Communications. Collin plans to attend the University of Iowa.
- Joe Kelly from West Liberty, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Liberty Communications. Joe plans to attend the University of Iowa.
- Laura Maschino from Atkins, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with Atkins Telephone Company. Laura plans to attend Iowa State University.
- Gracie Rechkemmer from North Liberty, Iowa is receiving a $1,000 Aureon Scholarship in partnership with South Slope Cooperative Communications. Gracie plans to attend the Iowa State University.
Aureon is a business solutions provider who connects possibilities to productivity by providing unique and scalable business support services for organizations — small and large. Headquartered in the heart of the Midwest, and serving clients nationally with a presence in 48 states, Aureon offers a comprehensive suite of support services, with a focus on Technology, HR, and Contact Center services. Aureon’s unique combination of talent, technology, and tools enable clients to focus on their core business. For more information, visit Aureon.com.
Megan Garrett, APR
Sr. Communications Specialist