Aureon Consulting is seeking candidates for the following opportunity with one of our clients:
Technology Delivery Manager
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating program alignment between Product, Architecture, Team Leads, Scrum Masters and IT BAs and manage the Epic and Feature backlog to be completed across scrum teams.
As a Delivery Manager you will manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific product or application or enhancements via a multi-disciplinary agile team. – 50%
- Lead the design, development and implementation of all Project technology build & support deliverables involving quality plans, estimates, resource assignment and status reports within time, budget and specification constraints.
- Be mindful of standards & best practices within the Development, Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst practice(s) and ensure that they are being leveraged within the Project Technology team.
- Oversee dependencies for complex projects spanning multiple business units.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners and project managers to understand appropriate project needs and requirements.
- Identify risk areas and provide alternate strategies to address concerns.
- Ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed expectations.
- Understand the impact of project on both business and technology.
- You will be adept at delivering complex projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen.
- Defining project needs and feeding these into the PMO/portfolio process will enable resource to be appropriately allocated.
- Oversee the technology execution across all areas to ensure business outcomes are delivered with application of strong Organization, Communication, & Leadership qualities
- In partnership with architecture and leadership, shepherd execution on technical vision, standards, & best practices to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Manages epics and features’ backlog and assigns out features to individual Agile Teams, as applicable.
- Coordinates across Team Leads to ensure stories are created with the right technical functionality.
- Create executive status reporting and escalate impediments, manage risk, help assure value delivery, and help drive continuous improvement.
- Act as an advocate of technical direction & designated best practices at a project execution level.
Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently – 35%
- Work with the PMO and Business/Product team to ensure we stay aligned to the Project roadmap for any given product/application.
- Work with the BAs and review that the project translate into epics, features and user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team.
- Participate in Daily, Planning, Review and Retrospective meetings & provide constant feedback effectively.
- Ensure all products/applications are built to an appropriate level of quality for Dev, Beta and Production.
- Ensure resources have a full understanding of work effort, timelines and expectations.
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team from Delivery perspective.
- Work closely with the team members on delivery issues/concerns and handle them appropriately.
- Stay close to the project and team on their day-to-day activities & deliverables.
- Ensure that the team & delivery issues/concerns are handled pro-actively.
- Keep the project/enhancement pipeline ready for the team to handle changes and delays.
Build strong internal and external partnerships. – 5%
- Champion company values while establishing and maintaining open communication with team members:
- Give honest and timely feedback.
- Conduct standard project meetings.
- Listen to multi-disciplinary agile team member needs.
- Create an atmosphere of trust.
- Build and maintain technology and business/client relationships.
Actively support company’s strategic future, culture and leadership practices. – 5%
- Identifies development opportunities and works with manager to establish learning focus and learning plan.
- Manages learning plan and reports on progress at quarterly coaching sessions with manager.
- Embraces our culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
Proactively pursue development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan. – 5%
Requirements for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related major, or comparable work experience.
- Expert technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design, and implementation.
- Good to excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance.
- 7+ years’ plus management experience.
- 7+ years’ experience as a leader, trainer, and coach.
- 3+ years’ technology delivery experience.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall software development.
- Understanding of core business processes is a plus.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and/or Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff at all levels and in all areas of the organization.
- Expert skills in leadership and customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express and document complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Person must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical staff, non-technical staff, and end-users.
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner.
- Excellent team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional project team environment.
- Ability to evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between Technology & other departments.
- Ability to become knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas & projects.
- Strong communication & relationship building skills to be able to act as an effective liaison between business & Technology.
- Strong critical/analytical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent priorities under time constraints.
- Ability to foster a collaborative & continuous improvement-minded environment.
Does this sound like you? Do you have questions? Apply here to find out more!