Aureon Consulting is seeking candidates for the following opportunity with one of our clients:
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and work closely with project teams and business partners to ensure timely, accurate, fully tested applications are performing as described in the business and technical specifications.
- Mentor quality assurance staff members and oversee test planning, execution, and automation activities at a project level in addition to individual workload accountabilities.
- Test data to ensure corresponding ETL code is developed as per Data Design Documents
- Manage defect reporting and tracking through resolution
- Leading Defect Triage discussions.
- Analyze defects to determine root cause.
- Reporting QA progress to team leadership.
- Possible leadership of offshore team members.
- Test multi-dimensional data cubes used by business partners for data visualization.
- Test report output to ensure it meets business requirements.
- Lead testing for complex projects or programs, across multiple teams and business units.
- Collaborate with Project Team to define and oversee testing deliverables:
- Participate in business requirements review and definition of acceptance criteria. Document traceability of business requirements and technical specifications to test cases. Facilitate agreement on test plans or acceptance criteria with business partners and project team members.
- Estimate test planning and execution efforts based upon requirements, development approach, and the risks of production errors, mentor and guide QA staff in estimation and planning activities, providing feedback, as necessary.
- Define testing risks and mitigation strategies and implement accordingly.
- Ensure the integrity of the test environments.
- Define testing approach and methods to be used for manual or automated test execution.
- Design and develop automated test scripts and help define overall automation approach. Define and manage test data for automation. Ensure automation supports overall test strategy.
- Execute testing, validate test results, analyze, and report discrepancies. Recommend solutions or sustained enhancements to address problem resolution.
- Work with teams to define elevation schedules and ensure the integrity of the test environment(s).
- Facilitate Sprint Reviews or ensure production announcements are created and distributed.
- Compile, analyze, and report testing metrics. Assist in implementing improvements to testing identified through analysis of testing metrics.
- Lead others in improving test strategy by recommending, developing, and implementing improvements to test plans and cases for future project reuse.
- Demonstrate active leadership by identifying training needs and communicating needs to management. Conduct training for team members and others as required. Act as an adviser and mentor for team members.
- Maintain and display a positive, professional attitude among team members and all others. Generate enthusiasm around team objectives and corporate strategies.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key business partners and project team members. Display ownership in managing vendor relationships in regard to testing activities. Support key working relationships with others and promote effective development of those relationships long-term.
- Guide and monitor the testing activities of team members.
- Lead peer reviews of test documentation and output.
- Continuous Learning:
- Actively seek and drive career development planning and seek learning opportunities.
- Identify and capitalize upon learning activities that facilitate growth in knowledge of insurance and internal business processes, quality assurance best practices, testing methodologies, and understanding of technologies.
- Maximize learning opportunities by applying the knowledge gained from learning activities and sharing the knowledge learned with other quality assurance team members. Identify and implement changes as required to procedural and testing documentation based upon enhanced knowledge. Coordinate and perform staff training to implement revised procedures and processes.
Requirements for this role:
- Advanced SQL Skills
- Understanding of Data projects and Data Design Documents
- Previous Experience with Data Design and Development concepts
- Previous experience with testing Operational Data Store (ODS) and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Previous experience in an agile analytics environment preferred.
- Proactive, problem solver and self-motivated.
- Bachelor's Degree business or information technology related major preferred
- Minimum 6 years' quality assurance experience relative to the development and execution of test cases and analysis of testing results preferred
- Proven experience with test automation tools preferred
- Proven experience working in Agile teams preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience, preferably in a quality assurance role
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with other Microsoft tools such as Word and Access. Ability to understand and create SQL queries
- Understanding of complex life or annuity products and processes
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work and communicate with a variety of personalities, across locations and varying organizational levels
- Proven ability to research, analyze, and resolve problem situations using strong judgment and high-level decision-making skills
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and ability to work independently and oversee work of others
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively under deadline pressures on complex projects
Does this sound like you? Do you have questions? Apply here to find out more!