Aureon Consulting is seeking candidates for the following opportunity with one of our clients:
DBA5 Sr. Software Developer (.Net, SQL and Azure)
Responsibilities will include:
• Assist in designing, developing, and enhancing large transaction and reporting databases.
• Assist in converting existing Legacy applications to newer technologies
• Assist in integrating in-house applications with enterprise third party solutions.
• Design, create, and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements.
• Develop database schemas, tables and dictionaries using SQL server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2016.
• Translate business requirements into software applications and models.
• Develop and maintain efficient, well documented custom SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers using Microsoft T-SQL in accordance with defined business rules and requirements to support application development
• Create and troubleshoot stored procedures and queries performances using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor, DBCC Commands, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Execution plans. Recommend query and index improvements in application to increase performance.
• Thoroughly test all approved application and database code additions and changes prior to implementing to staging. Request approval from users prior to implementing any additions or changes to the production environment.
• Research, understand and apply best practices, cost-effective solution, policies and procedures towards all assigned tasks, roles and responsibilities.
• Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage changes to code.
• Participate in requirement analysis discussions and come up with efficient technical solution
• Develop new and maintain existing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Build and Deploy ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Requirements for this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience with relational database design and implementation using MS SQL Server
• Experience optimizing SQL queries for improving performance and maintaining data integrity
• Experience in creating database migration scripts by using schema and data compare tools
• Experience in creating batch packages using SSIS
• Experience in creating reports using SSRS
• Write efficient, consistent and testable code
• Proficiency with using Visual Studio 2012,2015 & 2017
• Ability to understand and analyze the business requirements and come up with efficient technical solution
• Experience in using LINQ
• Being able work with minimal requirements and improve the functionality as requirements are refined
• Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services is nice to have
Does this sound like you? Do you have questions? Apply here to find out more!