The Aureon Scholarship Program is available to students pursuing a STEM related course of study and those residing in the Des Moines metro area or a home with service from an Iowa Independent Telecommunications Company (ITC). The program will award over $10,000. Individual scholarships will range from $1,000 to $3,000.
The application deadline is midnight March 1, 2020.
- A resident of the Des Moines Metro area or live in a home with active phone, internet, or TV from an Iowa ITC.* (See disclaimer below if you are unsure.)
- Iowa high school junior or graduating senior in the 2019-2020 school year.
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States or one of its official territories.
- Accepted by an Iowa-based, accredited four year college or university, community college, or vocational-technical school and be pursuing a STEM–related course of study.
- Have a minimum 3.33 GPA. A copy of a recent transcript may be requested.
Complete a scholarship application in full, including the following:
- A short essay describing why you are pursuing a STEM-related field (1,000 characters or less).
- A summary of your high school and community service activities, including leadership roles (500 characters or less).
To apply, choose your application type below:
To be considered a candidate for the Aureon Scholarship, please complete and submit the application by no later than midnight March 1, 2020.
Scholarship awards will be announced by late May 2020. Winners will be notified by phone, email, or letter.
All students meeting the eligibility requirements and submitting a complete application will be considered.
Questions regarding the Aureon Scholarship Program should be sent to Giving@Aureon.com.
*Des Moines metro communities include: Adel, Altoona, Ankeny, Bondurant, Carlisle, Clive, Des Moines, Elkhart, Grimes, Grinnell, Indianola, Johnston, Knoxville, Newton, Norwalk, Pella, Perry, Pleasant Hill, Polk City, Urbandale, Van Meter, Waukee, West Des Moines, and Windsor Heights. Please check with your phone, internet or TV provider, or with Aureon, if you are unsure whether your service provider is an Iowa Independent Telecommunications Company (ITC); national service providers are not ITCs.